Are you looking for an interesting and diverse role where you’ll get involved in cutting-edge and exciting projects from Formula 1 race cars, nuclear submarines or space satellites?
Do you want to work for a family-owned company that’s been providing high-quality intricate components for 4 generations with a culture of treating employees as part of the family?
If so, this role can offer you:
- Great flexible working hours with an early finish on Fridays
- Plenty of regular overtime available
- The opportunity to learn new skills and develop your existing skillset
- Working in such a clean environment you could eat your dinner off the floor!
- A highly supportive management team
- No KPIs – Where quality means more than quantity!
As a CNC Turner (Programmer) you will be confident in programming a Doosan Lathe multi-axis CNC with FANUC controls, either from a computer terminal or via the CNC machine to produce machined components to a minimum precision tolerance of 0.02.
You will be working in a clean modern environment, working to high-quality standards. With a separate quality inspection department, you will work closely together to produce superior parts.
What you’ll need:
- Experience operating a Lathe (manual or CNC)
- The drive and attitude to want more and a thirst for development
- The ability to self-inspect your own pieces prior to handing to the inspection team
- Able to use gauges and measuring equipment accurately
- The use of hand-finishing tools
What you’ll get:
- Up to £17 per hour (DOE)
- Monday to Thursday 08:30 – 16:30, Friday finish 15:30
- 33 days annual holidays
- Overtime paid at time and a half after 39 hours
- In house training
- Company contributed pension
- Onsite parking