We’ve partnered with the UK Social Enterprise, Green Pastures, who are looking to add to their Finance Department by recruiting an enthusiastic and dedicated Accounts Assistant.
The role will be an integral part of the team, so If you want to put your accounting and finance skills towards the goal of ending homelessness in the UK, then this could be the role for you!
What you’ll do:
- Undertake the role as purchase ledger clerk from purchase order through to instructing payment
- perform multiple daily bank account reconciliations including entering bank transactions into Sage Line 50
- Reconcile petty cash balances on a weekly/monthly basis and enter details into Sage Line 50
- Provide meaningful analysis of various financial activities
- Ensure all system entries are posted both timely and correctly
- General administrative tasks as an when required
What you’ll need:
- Experience of working with a similar accounts or finance related role
- Have a good working knowledge of Sage Line 50
- PC literate with the ability to use Microsoft packages in particular Microsoft Excel
- The ability to adhere to deadlines and deliver
- Understanding or previous experience working within the sector (desirable)
- AAT part qualified or above (desirable)
What you’ll get:
- A Basic salary up to £20k
- Freedom to take the initiative in suggesting new and dynamic ways forward
- The opportunity for professional development and training
- The chance to work with a great team, and the knowledge that your work is housing the homeless!
Green Pastures exists to equip and release the Church to end homelessness in the UK, and they won’t stop until that goal is achieved. They have more than 22 years’ experience, £40+ million in investment, 80+ partners, and more than 1300 people currently housed.
But, it’s not all about the numbers. They make a practical and impactful difference in the lives of those they house. They want to see lives transformed as residents find a relationship with Jesus.