We’ve partnered with the UK Charity, Green Pastures, who are looking to add to their Finance Team by recruiting an enthusiastic and dedicated Accounts Assistant.
The role will be integral to the running of the organisation, so If you want to put your accounting proficiencies towards the goal of ending homelessness in the UK, then this could be the role for you!
What you’ll do:
- Support the purchase ledger function, from purchase order through to instructing payment.
- Perform bank account reconciliations including entering bank transactions into Sage Line 50.
- Reconcile petty cash balances on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Provide analysis and reporting on various financial activities as and when required.
What you’ll need:
- Previous experience within a similar Accounts / Finance related role.
- Experience using Sage Line 50 accounts software.
- PC literate with the ability to use Microsoft package, in-particular Microsoft Excel.
- The ability to adhere to deadlines and deliver required information in a timely manner.
- Excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
What you’ll get:
- A Basic salary up to £20k.
- Freedom to take the initiative in suggesting new and dynamic ways forward.
- The opportunity for professional development and training.
- The chance to work with a great team, and the knowledge that your work is housing the homeless!
Green Pastures exists to equip and release the Church to end homelessness in the UK, and they won’t stop until that goal is achieved. They have more than 20 years experience, £32 million in investment, 70+ partners, and more than 1100 people currently housed.
But, it’s not all about the numbers. They make a practical and impactful difference in the lives of those they house. They want to see lives transformed as residents find a relationship with Jesus.