A proven track record of progressing its employees, ambitious plans for growth, and a company whose employees will be proud to work there. Sounds good right?
We’ve partnered with a rapidly growing online retailer, who, since opening their doors 8 years ago, have now become one of the UK’s largest online retailer for homeware products.
As the Warehouse Manager, you’ll be responsible for ensuring an efficient warehouse operation in achieving business targets. You will not only be providing support to ensure that the team delivers, but also monitoring any issues, and ensuring production targets, KPIs, and quality standards are met in order to meet the requirements of the customer.
You will be asked to develop the current team and any new starters by focusing on individual performance and support requirements to achieve high standards, whilst fostering a culture of working safely.
Due to the current size of the warehouse, this would be the ideal role for a Warehouse Team Leader / Supervisor looking to step up into a managerial role.
The ideal candidate must be passionate and highly driven to succeed!
What you’ll need:
- Previous experience motivating, developing and managing others within a warehouse / distribution centre environment
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good understanding of customer deliverables and the impact of failure / cost of poor quality
- Good planning skills and able to meet targets and deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail skills
- Salary – £22,000 – £23,000 depending on experience
- Working hours – AM & PM shifts
- Flexibility to work 5 over 7 days including weekends.
- 28 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays)
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist in running an efficient warehouse operation which can fulfil operational and customer demand and meet set targets
- Train new Warehouse operatives
- Support organising and participate in stock takes at regular intervals
- Ensure that any computerised or automated systems are accurate and up to date
- Where possible resolve any issues or problems which occur in the warehouse.
- Ensure that health and safety meet the required standards
- Ensure that vehicles, machinery and equipment are well maintained and fit for purpose
- Maintain high standards of security in the warehouse
- Ensure a clean and tidy working environment to aid operational efficiency